Sure there are a lot of oils in the world that can have good benefits to a human being. However, of all the oils that is produced out there, perhaps there is nothing more that can compare to the total benefits aside from just a single or double target. An oil that can help in this multiple way is the argan oil.
What is this Argan Oil?
You may not have heard of it yet but argan oil is one of the best oils that is produced in the world today and for so many decades already. It is just not as familiar are olive oil, or any other more common types of oil. Perhaps one of the reasons why it is not that common is the fact that it is a very rare kind of oil because it is only native to Morocco.
Aside from its being native on that northern part of the African continent, it is also protected under the UNESCO flag. The number of the argan tree is growing smaller which is why it is protected. With all these protections and rarity, it will only follow that this oil will also be hard to get and of course, would demand a lot of money from consumers.
Common Benefits Derived from Argan Oil
Basically, there are three benefits that can be taken from the argan oil. These benefits would be in connection to the nutrition, the health, beauty, and even treatment of some health problems. However, to be specific, following are some of the detailed benefits of this oil.
By taking argan oil, you will be able to manage your cholesterol level more efficiently. This is by the reason of the fact that it has the substance called as oleic acid. This is very effective in lowering cholesterol levels in the blood insomuch that studies have shown that a mere small amount of this oil can significantly lower cholesterol.
Argan oil is also a rich source for vitamin E. The vitamin E found in this oil on the other hand is not your average vitamin E. It is superb in a way that it can fight off the harmful effects of free radicals because this vitamin E is a natural carrier of antioxidants; the number one fighting agent against free radicals.
Useful for Arthritis
For those who are suffering joint pains, particularly arthritis, argan oil can help you cope with it. It helps in a way that it slows down the aging process of the bones.
Acne Fighting Capacity
Another coveted element from argan oil is its ability to fight acne. But that is not all, almost all other kinds of skin problem can be treated by this wonder oil. This is why it is a very good oil.
If you are planning to apply argan oil as a beauty product, or take it to supplement your health, then it is strongly suggested that you first talk with your physician about it. More often than not, he will recommend the use of it.
You brush your hair and hairs fall out. You wake up in the morning and see hair strands on your pillow. You shampoo your hair and it unintentionally causes you to grab onto more loose hairs than ever. Hair loss is a natural part of the normal hair cycle.
This is the time when the body replaces the old hairs by shedding them off to accommodate new hair growth. A typical hair loss is accounted for 50-100 loss of hair strands in a day. More than that, it becomes an issue you might want to look into.
Why be bothered of hair loss?
Generally, hair loss is not a health threat. However, it may signify an underlying disease or disorder. For example, individuals in tremendous amount and long periods of stress may experience hair loss. Although mechanism is not well identified, it is assumed to be associated with interplay of hormones in the body. Anemia or low circulating red blood cells is also another cause of alopecia or intense hair loss. Hair loss is also common in people with anxiety and stress habits such as hair tugging or pulling. In these conditions, medical treatments to remedy the underlying disorder are needed to prevent hair loss and progression of disorder.
Aesthetic-wise, some people do not prefer to be bald at a very young age. Pattern baldness, for example, has a characteristic M-shape pattern of receding hair line and it is not a hair investment you’d probably want. Baldness inappropriate for the age is associated with low self-esteem and feelings of low self-worth.
Can it be prevented?
Some factors associated with hair loss cannot be altered. If hair loss is genetic, such as in the case of male pattern baldness, it is irreversible. If, on the other hand, it is caused by an underlying disorder; it must be treated based on the premises of the disorder itself. If hair loss is caused by hair treatments, then, avoiding and stoppage of these treatments would be the most appropriate strategy to use.
Generally, you can prevent or relieve hair loss by observing the following tips:
- Observe a healthy diet. What you eat is what you are and what your hair is. Hair is protein-based in structure and will heavily rely on your protein intake to maintain its integrity. Indulging in a well-balanced diet with adequate amounts of protein can help nourish your hair and stimulate proper hair growth and regeneration.
- Pamper your hair with regular 6-8-week cuts, weekly washes with apt shampoo, daily moisturizing conditioners and air drying techniques (rather than blow drying). Comb your hair using wide-toothed combs or brushes while it’s dry. Avoid combing the hair while it’s wet as this can cause more hair loss. Instead, use your fingers to run over the hair.
Massages are also another means to improve blood circulation on the scalp and promote hair growth.
If you would like to use hair loss treatment product over-the-counter then make sure you do your own research and read reviews from expert before purchasing.
The skin is considered to be one of the most fragile parts of the human body, despite serving as a protective for the rest of the vital organs and tissues. It can be prone to infections and bacterial exposure, which would then cause all sorts of conditions. Apart from that, it’s also affected by certain changes in the body, such as when a young child is transitioning into puberty. One of the most obvious signs among kids in terms of entering the teenage phase is the growth of acne.
Every growing child doesn’t want to feel as if they’re under attack by red spots on their faces. This is the phase where they start to become self conscious about their appearance, and would want to look as good as possible. However, seeing zits developing on the face is certainly something which may be unavoidable at times. This would then lead to a loss in self confidence and the development of self esteem issues. What causes the growth of acne on the skin isn’t chocolate, as many people tend to believe. In fact, the hair follicles on a person’s skin may end up being clogged with a lot of sebum and dirt particles. This would then cause an inflammation of the skin which is commonly known as pimples. The sad truth about acne, however, is that even adults experience it. Therefore, they would have to seek out ways to treat these zits with ease. Creams and ointments may be effective, but they’re also rather expensive. With that in mind, perhaps it would be better on the wallet to make use of natural methods. Below are some ways in which a person can prevent or reduce acne growth:
- Dairy products are known triggers for acne outbreaks. The same goes for foods which are fried, rich in sugar and have a lot of preservatives. Therefore, it is highly important that a person should significantly reduce consumption of these foods or, at the most, avoid eating them.
- Consume foods which are rich in Vitamin A. Vitamin A proves to be rather effective in fighting acne, and can significantly reduce its presence on the skin.
- It is important for a person to get the proper amount of rest. Being deprived of sleep can cause a lot of stress, which would then lead to chemical changes in the body. These changes can trigger acne outbreaks. For that reason, it is important to get 8 hours of sleep every day.
- Avoid using too much soap on the face. Despite being promoted to the public as facial cleansers, many of them are infused with chemical ingredients. It is only recommended to use soap every day if a person is constantly exposed to coal, gas and oil.
- One should never aggressively rub their faces with abrasive towels. If a person already has a fair share of pimples growing on the face, doing so can further irritate the condition, making it worse and spreading it all over other areas. It would be a lot better to air dry instead.
These 5 natural methods can certainly help in avoiding acne growth on the skin. Keeping these in mind would lead to the eventual smoothness of the skin, leading to more confident individual.
Recommend reading: http://acnetreatmentreport.org/
In North Africa, specifically in Morocco, there grow a tree that is valued so much as to having been protected by UNESCO. This tree is known as the argan tree. It is much coveted because of the kernels taken from it. These kernels can produce one of the best oils in the world, the argan oil.
It is said to be one of the best not just because of its protection from a great organization but because of the properties of this oil when it comes to nutrition, health, and even beauty.
Usually, the use of this oil, although would be good for medicine and food, is for cosmetic purposes. It is only logical because this oil has properties that can give much benefit to anyone who is conscious with his or her health and beauty, especially regarding the skin. Following are some properties of this argan oil.
First of all, it is good to know that argan oils have vitamin E in the form of tocopherols. Perhaps there is no need to explain that vitamin E is very good for the skin because of its being an antioxidant. These antioxidants are the ones responsible in fighting free radicals. The free radicals on the other hand are those which destroy the skin cells of the body because of the act of “stealing” electrons from the neighboring molecules. In fact, once it steals electrons, there will happen a chain reaction and without antioxidants, the chain reaction will never be stabilized.
Another wonderful component of the argan oil which makes it very popular as an ingredient for cosmetic products is squalene. At first thought, when the word squalene is mentioned, what comes into the minds of people is deep sea fishes, particularly sharks. Well, it is true that it can be taken from a shark’s fin but there are also some few plants that can produce this kind of oil. One of those plants is the argan tree.
There are many benefits that squalene carries under its name. One of those is the one mentioned above which is antioxidants. Other benefits of squalene is to help in softening the skin. Hence, when you want a soft skin like those of babies, then you would want to take in squalene. Lastly, it is also a good protection to the skin and protection from the dreaded cancer.
Other Benefits Taken from Argan Oil
Vitamin E, and squalene are not only the benefits that we can get from argan oil. It would be lame to covet such oil if there are only two factors that humans can benefit from it. Hence, other benefits from this would include fatty acids which can be very helpful to the heart, its moisturizing effects, its capacity to fight acne and many more.
Perhaps the only problem when it comes to argan oil is the fact that it is protected due to its decreasing population. When it is protected, it will further mean that it is expensive to buy because the supply is limited. However, if you just have the money to spare, then you can go ahead to try it and be amazed with the results.
If you are 20 and losing more hairs than usual, will you be bothered? Most often than not, you will hear a big ‘YES”. Well, who wouldn’t be bothered with such condition? People at the peak of singleness with all the bright futures laid in front of him or her, could radically fall out of bounce when the hair starts to lose its integrity.
Let’s face it; the hair is among the most mollycoddled part of the body. Why else would there be thousands of salons worldwide? Hair issues are dramatic and pivotal. At some point, they can even be frustrating.
When hair fall is more than what a normal hair loss would look like, then the tables starts turning. Is this is a disease? Is this permanent? Will the hair fall be temporary? Will the hair grow back? What will you do? Can do you do something, anything at all?
Of course you can do something about it. However, not all hair loss is treatable or preventable. Pattern baldness is the most common cause of abnormal hair loss in both men and women. The cause of this condition is attributed to the genetic make-up of a person. This etiology is irreversible. Though doctors might be able to prevent sudden loss of hair, it is a gradual physiologic change which cannot be altered on its course.
There are several natural remedies which you can always resort to when seeking a medical consult is not realizable at the moment. Most of these natural alternatives can be found in the market and even within the comforts of your home.
Aroma and Oils
Pamper and stimulate your scalp with the wonders of lavender and bay leaf. 4 ounces of warm almond, soybean or sesame oil plus 6 drops of each (lavender and bay leaf) is all you need. Massage this mixture on the scalp, let it be for 15-20 minutes, add 3 drops of bay leaf oil on your shampoo, massage gently and wash it off.
Wonders of Coconut
According to many experts, coconut can help cure hair loss among men and women. There are 3 ways in which you can incorporate coconut in your hair loss regimen.
- Coconut milk is massaged on the scalp, left for 30 minutes and rinsed with warm water thrice a week.
- Coconut oil plus avocado is used as a hair spread. This can help get rid of flaking and give your hair a good venue for growth.
- Hibiscus flowers simmered in coconut oil and massaged on the scalp and hair can re-volume your thinning hair.
Ginseng is a Chinese herbal medicine known to increase hair growth by scalp rejuvenation and increasing blood flow to the scalp.
Nobody likes to look ugly, regardless of whatever their age may be. They would always want to seek out ways in which they can keep themselves from looking flawed and blemished. Not only do senior citizens face this concern, but young people as well. At times, situations can be so stressful, and they would also be exposed to environmental hazards. This would then cause them to experience some pimple outbreaks. Acne is a condition wherein people would experience inflammation of the skin. With the air being filled with lots of contaminants and bacteria due to pollution, there’s a good chance an individual’s pores may be clogged with dirt and other residue. This can t hen cause the sebaceous glands to work overtime, thus causing pimples to grow. Yet, with the world’s obsession with youth and beauty, it makes perfect sense why individuals would want to maintain that glow and smoothness on their skin. There are several causes for acne outbreaks, although there are a few which not many people know about. Below are just some of the most uncommon causes of acne:
- At times, resting the head on a pillow with a cover that’s dirty can cause acne outbreaks to occur. Everyone sleeps on a pillow, and not getting the covers washed can increase the possibility of developing unsightly zits and pimples. Bacteria would grow in the pillow covers and transfer over to a person’s skin. Because of this, it would be important for people to make sure their pillow cases are cleaned with antibacterial solutions.
- Hair is another reason why people see pimples developing on their faces. A lot of people often have long hair which end ups irritating their face, especially with several dirt particles that it has been exposed to on a daily basis. This can end up triggering the outbreak of pimples and zits. The dirt particles accumulated on the hair can clog the pores of the skin. Therefore, it is important to make sure that hair is styled in a way that doesn’t get in the way of one’s face, or at least is neatly tied up.
- The use of poor quality cosmetics products have a profound effect on the skin’s health, and one that doesn’t bode well for consumers. Some of these products contain a lot of chemicals which may do more harm than good, thus causing allergic reactions which lead to nasty looking zits on the face.
- Medications can also contribute to the growth of acne, especially those which are infused with steroids. While these drugs and creams may have approval from the FDA, they may not mix well with one’s body chemistry.
- Friction is considered to be the least known cause of acne outbreaks. When friction, pressure and heat are combined, it causes a condition known as acne mechanica. This can develop from the use of eye glasses, goggles, bicycle helmets and even backpacks.
These are the 5 least known reasons why people develop acne on the skin. Now that these have been put to light, individuals are now made even more aware of them especially when they’ve done all that’s possible to avoid such a skin condition.